Hello love! Welcome to the party! 🙂
Thank you for joining me! I can’t wait to get to know you, be of help and have some fun along the way!
In an effort for you to get to know me – let me start by offering 10 things about me. 🙂
1. I fell in love with my husband when we were 10 years old. He was my 5th grade elementary crush that stole my heart way back then. ♥ Bonus: when he asked me to marry him, he took me back to our old 5th grade classroom and asked me there. Cute, right? ♥♥
2. I am the first one in my family to move 1,000 miles away from home to attend college in Arizona. To piggy-back on that, I am also the first in my family to graduate from college as well, despite the passing of my mother just three short months before graduation.
3. While attending college, I took an average of 16-18 credit hours per semester and held two part-time jobs. I know, I know, a bit of an overachiever.
4. When I had my son at 27 (turned 28 a few months later), I was at an all-time low point in my life and without family, I would have been homeless. I got back on my feet with a help of a single-mother self-sufficiency program. I continue to donate to this wonderful program today.
5. Having my son is what I consider my BIGGEST accomplishment(s) in life. EVER. He is the most amazing person and every single day I cannot believe how blessed I am that HE calls ME Mommy. I wish my mother could have met him. melt.my.heart ♥…. .
6. I had always wanted to start my own business but was always stuck on the “doing what” part. In the spring of 2008, I started freelancing to “dip-my-toe” in the waters. Finally, late spring of 2012 I ditched my j-o-b and cannot believe that it took me so long to do so because now, I bathe in the bliss I call “work” daily. (If you’re thinking about it, I have three words for you…. just.do.it!!)
7. I have been extremely ill with debilitating stomach problems my entire life, missing many a birthday party and trick-or-treating outings with my cousins. In the summer of 2011 I was FINALLY diagnosed with several food sensitivities and an autoimmune disease and my life has been forever changed for the better! Let’s just say that the list of things I CAN have is much shorter than the list of things I cannot. You would think eating salads are good for you? Not for this girl. (I feel sorry for the wait staff whenever I do risk eating out).
8. My first job out of college was for a start-up video communications firm in Scottsdale, AZ. During my time there I noticed a need that was not being serviced. I took initiative, presented my idea to the president of the company and the board of directors and they liked it so much, they hired me for the job! I spent the next two years traveling throughout the US conducting market research and compiling data analysis – in other words, I got paid to ask questions. I was in heaven and *this* is what sparked my love for marketing.
9:. Personality reports describe me as:: expressive, stylish, emotionally-intelligent, insightful, distinguished and “in-the-know”. I am also described as naturally playful, enjoy meeting new people and learning new skills. “I project an ability to be successful at just about anything but not because I was born with more talents than others but because I intently focus on improving my skills.” #lifelonglearner Lastly, I am described as a big dreamer and that I strive for excellence. (my analysis was completed at www.howtofascinate.com – take it, it’s brilliantly on-point).
10. The number one item on my business bucket list it to meet and work with THE Amy Porterfield. I am beyond thrilled to say that this wish will come true this October and I am over-the-moon excited!! Stay tuned for an update on this experience.
So there you have it, 10 things about me and I cannot wait to learn more about you. Share with me below one thing that you’d like to share and I can’t wait to *meet* you!